Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Shabbat Menu 8/14


Shalom to you! Did you know that I pray for you when I light the candles/set the table for our erev Shabbat meal? I pray for some of you directly by name as the Spirit leads and the rest of you as The Body. I pray specifically for the women who are scurrying to prepare their Shabbat tables and serve their families as they get all the last details in order so that they may rest more fully on the Shabbat. YHVH put all you Sabbath keepin' Momma's on my heart from the first week we started observing it...so that is somthing I just always do. I know how hectic it can be to "beat the sun" some weeks. Especially in the winter when the sun sets so fast! I thought you might like to know that...someone is praying for you tonight (and every erev) ..as the dusk approaches.

We are planning on spending Shabbat at home this week (unless YHVH has other plans for which we are yet awares!). We had hoped to spend it with a family in which we started scheduling regular bi-weekly gatherings, that lives about an hour and a half away...but it didn't work out this week. So if your in the area..... I have extra food. :-)

I am actually recovering from some dental work from yesterday...so I am choosing some "soft foods" for our meal tonight. I am hoping I am good by tomorrow. My DH teased me and said, "When you post your menu this week are you gonna put "smoothie" in parentheses after everything...Like Chicken Parmesan Smoothie with a Caesar Salad Smoothie." Gotta love him. He have learned to laugh at ourselves around here! I couldn't chew the oatmeal we had this morning, because it had seeds (that weren't presoaked) and hurt to chew...so we made a smoothie to compensate - that's what started that train of jokes...

Erev Shabbat
Shake and Bake Tofu
Ginger Coconut Rice
Salad (smoothie for me if necessary)
Sourdough Spice Cake
Bold

Shabbat Breakfast
Thermos Millet (with peaches and drizzled with a little maple syrup)

Shabbat Grazing (through the day)
I am just putting a buffet of cold grazing goodies out to eat all day and for dinner too.

Black Bean and Corn Salad
Summer Pasta w/ Fresh Tomatoes
Marinated Kale
Dried Tomato Tampenade and Crackers
Couscous Peas, Cashews and Raisins
Cherries
Peaches
Artichoke Dip with Tortilla Chips
Raw Pickles

Shabbat Shalom to You and Yours!



p.s. Did anyone see the Meteor Showers last night? We didn't stay up late enough for (predicted) best show which was about midnight...but we took the picnic blankets out in the yard and watched the sky and got to see a bunch of stragglers. It was really neat! I don't think I have ever seen that before. Ben says it happens once a year. Its a great family event to share as we continue to marvel at YHVH's creation together. I am told it happens this time every year.

p.p.s. If ever you want recipes...just ask...I will try to post them.

3 comments:

Moira said...

Thank you for your prayers and this wonderful post! I will pray your dental work heals quickly!
Shabbat Shalom,
Moira

Anonymous said...

Shalom Pamela, sweet sister back to you! Thanks so much for sharing your Menu Plan. Again wonderful recipes, i'd love it if you would send me the marinated kale recipe. I do hope you had some rest today and many blessings with your family.
Until next Shabbat ~ Carmen

lusi said...

Thank you for your prayers!!!
I am new to all this but it is wonderful and exciting and I love preparation day!
Bless you sister!
Lusi x