Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shabbat Menu 8/28


I make my meals ahead so that I may fully rest on Shabbat and put my attention toward worship, study, prayer and fellowship.

Friday lunches can get "lost in the work shuffle" of preparation day...so I am adding them to my menu planning...so I do not forget (and Pappa doesn't get tempted to go grab a Pizza for lunch). :-)

We will fellowship this week with dear friends who travel an hour and half to spend the day with us. They come early and leave late (we take fellwoship seriously in these parts!) and I like to make sure they don't go home hungry. We have 10 kids between us (so far).

Then the following day, we have a special event with another dear family coming from the same area! A birthday party sleepover for both families, a "star party". We have both become aware of the amazingness of YHVH's story that He writes in the heavens for those who take the time to read it..so we ware learning too! So we will have the tents up and the telescopes out and possible a fire going (a good warm up for Sukkot!). There are 12 kids between us! Its going to be more precious time in fellowship. Our cup runs over this weekend! So I am planning meals ahead to Monday.

This is what's in the works:
Prep-day Lunch
Easy Cucumber Soup
Raw Wheat Crackers

Shabbat Dinner
Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks with Pineapple Salsa
Herbed Rice
Baked Breaded Zucchini
Shabbat Breakfast
Fig Miltons and Fresh Milk (Sumatran Coffee for Mom and Pops)
Shabbat (Oneg)
Potato Bar
Marinated Greens

Havdalah Meal
Cream of Corn and Onion Soup
Sour Dough Spelt Bread

Snacks and Bevs
Yogurt Pops
Seasoned Popcorn
Choc Cran Coconut Raw Bars
Herbal Vita Mix Tea (Iced)
Orange Peoka Vanilla Honeybush Blend Tea (Iced)

Shabbat Shalom!

4 comments:

Moira said...

Everything looks yummy, AGAIN!! Could I get the recipe to the choc. coconut cranberry things? I am so glad you have fellowship there, so many people don't!! We have had it in times past in Riverside California, and Springfield Oregon, but not here deep in South East Texas. We do travel hours to to fellowship with others for the Feasts, this year in Rusk Texas with the Brumlow family(from Our Wholehearted Family blog) and others we met at last years Sukkot gathering. We keep praying YHVH will bring it about in our neck of the woods, so far nothin', please pray with us!
Shabbat Shalom,
Moira

Anonymous said...

Your menu plan sounds wonderful Pamela! May your Shabbat be blessed while you fellowship with your friends. Shabbat Shalom!

Andi said...

Yogurt pops....where can I find those, I know you mentioned them before - it slipped my mind. ;0)

Great menu, I hope to get mine up and posted soon, LOL!

MommySetFree said...

Moira, I will post my yummy raw bars for you next week. We almost decided to go the Brumlows for Sukkot! We were really considering it! We decided to stay closer to hoe and get better aquanted with folks in our region. There are a bunch of us in TN...we are scarttered about...there is definatly a presence here!

Andi, Here is the link to my herbal yogurt pops. http://homeshalom.blogspot.com/2010/07/herbal-yogurt-pops.html

The ones I have in the freezer right now are differnt flavors. I did a cherry and an orange cream. :-) There are so many tasty variations one could do for those! The season for cold pops is winding down and I am getting those urges for baking and warm meals in crock and soups! I'm looking forward to checkin your menu out when it comes up. :-)