Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shabbat Menu


This Shabbat will be a quiet one with the family. With the Fall Feasts and connecting with other "Family in Him" for weeks and weeks, we are ready to be especially still before Him what we call a quiet (Jammie) Shabbat at home. :-)

I am hoping to meet with a friend on Friday to plan a meal project to fill a pantry in need for the winter. I don't usually schedule things unrelated to Shabbat prep on Preparation Day (Fridays)...but I am trying to be sensitive to her (very trying) schedule in order to better serve the need. As a result, my menu this week is going to be simple, since a portion of my day will be spent away from the home. Gotta love those crock pots! I will have three going for this care-free Shabbat! (My much anticipated sourdough challah experiment will just have to wait another week!) I believe one of the keys to Shalom in the home is learning how to "roll with things" and be flexible in our plans and habits so that we may be better servants to all (in His name). My sweet daughter will hold down the fort and probably finish a large portion of the preparations. What a blessing she has become as she grows! (She is all of 12, but has been a very good student! She makes her momma proud!)

Erev Lunch
left over ww pesto pasta

Shabbat Supper
Chicken Marsala
Parmesean Potatoes
Salad
Soudough Bread

Shabbat Breakfast
Good Morning Millet Melange (a hot Crockpot cereal)

Shabbat Lunch
Slow Baked Beans and Beef Dogs

Snacks
Cheese
Fruit

Havdalah
French Onion Soup w/
Cheesy Sour Dough Bruschetta


Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

MommySetFree said...

Pat,
I did get your comment, thank you! However, I am not goign to post it because it had your email address in it and i thought it best not to publish that.

I the millet cereal that was on this week's menuw was an experiment that week and it flopped. So I didn't hang onto it. But I do have one you might like with a millet variation - here is the link http://homeshalom.blogspot.com/2010/06/thermos-cereal-crockpot-cereal.html#more

If the link doesn't work for some reason you can find it under my labels under breakfasts.

I hope that helps. Thanks for reading and commenting on the blog! It brings me great encouragment to know that people appreciate it. Blessings to you!