Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Grama's Cocoa Fudge


Grama's Cocoa Fudge

I can remember one time when I was a girl, and my brother and Aunt (who was our age) didn't really want to include me in what they were doing ( I was the little tag along). My grandma always knew just how to smooth things over between us kids. She pulled me aside and whispered (do you want to help me make some fudge?) It helped me forget all about what they were doing!

2C Sugar ( I reduce mine!)
3T Cocoa
pinch of salt
3/4C milk
1T butter
1tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, blend together sugar, cocoa & salt. Add milk and mix well, put on low flame and stir constantly until it comes to a boil- then do not stir again. Boil slowly until it reaches the softball stage (238 F). Remove from fire and add butter and vanilla - but don't stir! put the pan in cold water (Grama always liked to use icewater in the sink.) When candy no longer feels hot to touch (110 F) beat until creamy and starting to loose its glaze. Turn out into a buttered 9" square pan and mark into squares. Grama always like to keep her fudge in a tin. :-)

2 comments:

YahKheena said...

My family has been asking for chocolate fudge, I just didn't have a good recipe... gonna try it out :-)

Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Well that's a lot easier than it seems! Sometimes I wonder what the point to boxed versions are when you could just as easily make it from scratch yourself!