Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great Homeschool Resources!

I am very excited to announce a new source for great Homeschool resources!

I found myself searching for something a little more structured to help me teach English to my spirited new adopted daughter who just came home from Haiti, 4 weeks ago. She is five, and has learned some English letters in her preschool at the orphanage, but only identifying them and writing some. She doesn't seem to have any understanding that they have their own sounds. She has a very limited attention span. I also realized what I did for my other children would not be so easy to do with her. The only English she knows are the few words she has picked up since she has been here. This is very different from teaching my birth children who had a basic command of the spoken English Language and a vocabulary to connect things to! Not to mention I have been reading them books daily since they we about 6 month old! My newest daughter has not had any of that. My approach would have to be different. Not to mention, I have an active three year old and another adopted daughter who just came home at the same time (the older one's little sister) who is 2 1/2, but behind equivalent to a 1-1 1/2 year old in development. And if that is not enough to add to my challenge...I am pregnant with little lamb number six and am well...a bit queasy these days! :-) My cup runs over and I wouldn't change a thing....but I just realized I needed a little more help than I did before. :-) So...I started searching for some good materials. I found a company whom I think I am going to be VERY pleased with. I just received their materials today. And while this review has NOTHING to do with the new Phonics and Math program I got from them for my 5 and 3 year old....but another book I got at the same time.. the Complete Guide to Celebrating Our Messiah in The Festivals. I have a chance to review the first 186 pages during nap-time today and boy am I excited!!! So excited, that I came down stairs and ordered their Science Curriculum for my older ones (Considering God's Creation) and am hoping to order their two Bible Study/Ancient History Guides (Remembering God's Awesome Acts , and Remembering God's Chosen Children) which cover the first five books of the Bible and I think she has a third in the making. That is... after I talk with my Husband about them I really want Him to see these. (I didn't get a chance to go through the Math and Phonics ones sitting on kitchen counter as I type. I think it's gonna be a long night of browsing tonight after bedtime!) :-)

This book to the left is the size of a phone book and exceeds the only other book I have seen similar to it- BY LEAPS AND BONDS! (almost 700 pages!) It is a priceless tool for families who want to learn/teach about Our God's Appointed Times together! It is newly released. Well done!!

You may recognise some of their things from large distributers like CBD but to check out all their resources go directly to their website:

http://www.eagleswingsed.com/

Ooohh this is gonna be a good school year!! Eww the baby is waking... Enjoy!

No comments: