Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Family Jots and Tittles

I really much prefer my Tittles when I can keep up with them through out the week, kind of like a diary, but this week I failed to do that. So I will try to real our week as best I can.

We returned from our Thanksgiving trip on Monday night. It was such a good trip. I failed to take many pictures but I am hoping mom and Tammy will send some to me. I wish I had more pictures to share with you. We had lots of fun playing games together, games and more games,inside and out. We also took a trip to a play ground for some more outdoor play. Here are a couple pictures.



Tuesday morning we found we had a ewe dead in the field. We don't know how or why or when this happened, except that it had been a while because of decay having taken place. It did not a appear to be a predator. The mystery still remains...I will spare you those pictures. There was also some wetness in "dry room" of the rootcellar. Hmmm...that is concerning.

Hailey got to work baking some bread and cookies to thank a neighbor (about a mile away) for their help, and enjoyed delivering them with her brother on their bikes the next day. We caught up on laundry, chores and emails and things like that. Ben got caught up on work.



Chazaq had his first poo-poo in the potty!!! YEAH YEAH!!! Oh the hooplah that ensued over that little triumph! He was so proud of the fuss that every made over it. He kept running into the bathroom after the fact and sitting on the potty and saying "YEAH!!!". At first he was quite confused as to where it went, this celebrated little morsel had disappeared when he left the room! But that didn't stop him from going back and checking for it about 3 more times! :-) That was a fun day.

I had gone through a little bit of a "scare" this week with my pregnancy. I had a small cause for concern - but have laid in the hands of YHVH (our Creator) to trust Him come what may. I have been blessed by support, encouragement and prayer of dear friends and my Mom. I have been instructed to become "queen of the couch" which I feel like I have already become, much to my dissatisfaction...but this season will pass and I will have known that I did what I could - even if that amounts to a whole lot of nothin' it seems! The big problem with me "slowing down in activity" is that I can't help but start making lists and think of all the things that need to get done!

One of the most exciting moments of our week was when we learned that Naomi F. has had a very good week in her phsycial movement! She can now use her arms from the elbow down! This week, she feed herself, was writing letters with her hand again, played a game with her sisters (hardly assisted), and can turn the pages of her own books now. Oh how we are rejoicing with them and others who have holding her up in prayer! She is also able to support her own head and hopeful for a differnt wheel chair, since she no longer needs to be tilted back. Halleluyah! (Since they are "extended family" I can't help but share the news here too!)

Elijah took charge of pecan harvesting from one tree have next to the house. He and the rest of the children have gathered 9 gallons so far. He says there is more to harvest. So we will try to keep after that this week and hope we don't get too much rain before we can get them off the ground.

Ben only got out one time this week to hunt. No deer yet.

We had brought a used water cooler in the house from a thrift store several months ago. You know - the kind that you put a 5 gallon bottle on? We have enjoyed it very much, because we were having a hard time keeping the water supply from our Berkey (2 1/2 gallon) going because we use so much at times. So we created a little fill and rotation system with 2 - 5 gallon bottles and our Berkey. It was working wonderfully until we discovered that we seem to have been some roaches in the cabinet of the cooler! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Out side it went and process of extermination on the unit and the area have begun. We started with traps - but Ben quickly came home with a can of Raid (MUCH TO MY SHAGRIN!!!!!)for the back of the cooler. But I think I can convince him to "set it down" and try natural means. (I will be sure make that wicked can disappear - lest anyone be tempted again!) We started hitting the back of the cabinet with essential oils, and a friend recommended diatimacious earth and boric acid. My book Critter Ridder, also says borax or boric aid mixed with a little sugar sprinkled all around the house perimeter and in cracks. The other things i recommends is to use a Catnip Tea Spray. I have catnip so we'll get started on that today. I will go to the store for the other stuff.

We had some friends from Cookville stay over for Shabbat this week. It was nice to spend the night/day with them. We had so much to catch up on, since it had been so long since we had seen them last. It was a nice time of visiting. They are embarking on a new chapter in their lives with opening a family business downtown(next week!) and healthy Juicebar/cafe - called The Turn Around...in case your are in town. :-)

Well, I guess that is it for last week. I pray all is well with you and yours and that your have a blessed week in His Kingdom!

No comments: