Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shalom Farm's Maple Cookies - A Family Favorite


This recipe was inspired by our maple farmer in PA. She quickly gave it to me by memory as we stood in a cold parking lot, making a large maple syrup purchase/exchange. (She would meet me half way in a parking lot). Anyway...I must have written it down wrong, because my notes made no sense! I had it "stored away in a safe place" for about 2 years! (sigh) When I came across the recipe recently, I decided I would try to make it work, by guessing..and man did it ever! We LOVE these cookies! They are simply delicious. I am going to suggest playing with a list of optional goodies of choice, but my absolute favorite is adding dried cranberries. The tartness of berries with the gentle sweetness of the maple is so special! I even like it better than chocolate chips!!! (Unheard of!) This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen good size cookies. You could cut it in half if that is to many.

Anyway - try them and tell me what you think!

Shalom Farm's Maple Cookies
Preheat oven at 350F

2 eggs, beaten
1C REAL butter
1 1/2C REAL maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla

1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4c wheat or spelt flour

Handful or two of dried cranberries*** (Or nuts, dr. apples, dr. apricots, chopped fresh apple, chocolate chips, raisins)

1. Beat together the first 4 ingrediants until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix the next thre ingrediants.
3. Then add to the bowl of wet ingrediants and blend well. Add dried cranberries (or other goodies) and mix with a spoon.

Drop large tablespoons full of dough unto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for approx 10minutes.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I've been looking for a good maple cookie recipe. Thank you!

YahKheena said...

AbbiYah just made these... can we say, "SO YUMMY" she added cranberries, almonds, and a couple of tbsp of oats. Thanks for sharing a great cookie recipe that is sugar-free!!
Shabbat Shalom

MommySetFree said...

Almonds and Oats with dr. Cranberries,. that's a GREAT idea! I'll try that next time!