2C Whole Wheat Flour
1C Nonfat Dry Milk
2 1/2 T Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Oil
- In a bowl, blender or food processor (with plastic mixing blade) combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly add oil, continually mixing until completely absorbed.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerate and mix well before each use.
______________WAYS TO US IT_______________
QUICK CORN BISCUITS
1 3/4C Corn Mix + 1/4C Water
Preheat over to 425 F
- Combine mix and water, kneading gently to form a dough that holds together. If too dry add a few drops of water.
- On sprayed baking sheet; Pat into a rectangle 1/2 inch thick score into a six 2" squares.
- Bake until nicely browned, 15-20 minutes. Break apart and serve.
Makes 6 Biscuits
QUICK CORN CRISPS
1 3/4C corn mix + 1/4 C water
Preheat 425 F.
- Combine mix and water, knead gently to form a dough that can be rolled.
- Roll out on sprayed cookie sheet into a large rectangle, 1/8 inch thick. It may be easier to roll out half at a time. Score with a knife or fork (or pizza wheel)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on rack and crack on the lines.
Makes 1/2 pound of crackers
CORN FLATS (a tortilla like flat bread)
1 1/2 C Corn Mix + 1/4C water
- Stir in water to form a soft ball that can be handled. Put in a bowl and cover with a cloth and let rise for 15-30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll into thins circle about 7" round.
- Heat griddle and wipe with lightly oil-moistened paper towel and when quite hot. Cooks rounds on each side until it is flexed with brown.
- Stack on plate and cover to keep warm. Serve warm.
QUICK CORN MUFFINS
2 3/4C Corn Mix ; 1 egg, beaten; 2T honey; 1C water
Preheat oven 400 F
- Gently mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin or paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 min until lightly golden.
QUICK CORN-CHEESE PANCAKES
Serve for breakfast with syrup, or make extra large pancakes and fold around leftover stew, rice and beans, chili, etc. for savory lunch or dinner.
1 1/3C Corn Mix ; 1/2C Shredded Cheddar; 1 egg, beaten; 1C water
- In bowl, combine mix and cheese.
- Add egg and water, mix and let stand for minutes to thicken.
- Heat griddle, and grease.
- Use 1/4C batter for med pancakes or 1/3C batter for large
- When spatula easily slips underneath, flip to cook other side.
Makes 8 med or 6 large.
QUICK CORN CRUSTED TOMATOES
4-5 green or unripe tomatoes; 1 1/2C Corn Mix ; 1 egg; 1/2C -3/4C water; whole wheat flour
- Cut each tomato into 3-4 thick slices
- Combine mix with egg and 1/2C water, mix gently. It should be a thick pancake consistency - may add more water if needed.
- Heat oil to generously cover a heavy skillet. When hot, dredge tomato slices through the flour coating both sides, then through the batter.
- Put immediately into hot skillet and brown both sides.
- May keep warm in 300 F oven.
Makes 16 slices, serves 4-6 people.
May use this breading for any number of things, mushrooms, tofu sticks, cheese sticks, Chicken, etc..