Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Midwifery Tips - Preparing the Cervix for Birth

My first Midwife taught me to use Evening Primrose Oil in preparing the cervix for a healthy birth. The evening primrose oil softens the cervix, making the birthing process more "comfortable". (Ha ha) This was a blessed thing, because my first delivery was breach - butt first! Talk about uncomfortable. :-) I have had midwives comment on the fact that my cervix was like "mush" when giving birth. I have never torn. So this is something I always recommend when people ask.

Application:

Any good quality Evening Primrose Gelcaps will do. I prefer to get the strongest ones I can find. They are bigger to swallow, but handy for the second part of the process. You could get the smaller cap to take orally if you prefer.

You start 6 weeks before your due date:
  • Taking 1 capsule daily for the first four days.
  • Than increase to 2 caps for the next three days.
  • Then increase to 3 caps for the next week.
  • Than increase to 4 caps for the next week.
  • Than increase to 5 caps for the next week.
  • When you are two weeks away from your due date, while continuing the oral dosage, you add a topical regimen. You start applying the oil topically along the vaginal walls daily in the evening at bed time. Do this by poking a clean pin into the gel cap and squeezing out the gel and applying topically.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took EPO, too and can testify that it does work! :-)

lusi said...

Wow! I've never heard of Epo helping to prepare the cervix like that- thanks so much for sharing those tips Pamela!
Love Lus x

Layah Pontiff said...

I've used Epo for PMS and menstrual health, but didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing. Layah Pontiff