Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Artichoke Bruschetta




This is 'California Food' to me - but really...its Italian. :-) It reminds me of my time in San Francisco. I had a taste for it when I saw it in a jar at the super market and thought I would splurge. I enjoyed it so much that I declared that I must learn how to make it. I looked at the ingredients on the jar and copied them down in my family cookbook. Lots of time passed (almost 2 years!), until I actually got to it...But I am so glad I did, because this a DELICIOUS summer food. I don't have exact measurements for you. But just use this list of ingredients with common sense to your proportions and you will be surprised how easy it is to make. That's what I did and it has been delishious every time

Artichokes Hearts, diced small (marinated or canned are wonderful - canned Hearts of Palm also work very nicely for this!)
Oil (I use Olive Oil)
Red (or yellow) Bell Pepper, diced small
Lemon Juice
Fresh Garlic, crushed
Seas Salt
Fresh Parsley (or dry)
Fresh Oregano (or dry)
White Pepper
Dry Crushed Red Chili Pepper (I use this sparingly)

We like to serve ours with crackers, flat bread, sour dough or crusty bread. It is also nice spread in a sandwich or wrap instead of mayo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, how yummy! I love most anything with artichoke, especially cheesy, artichoke dishes! :).

Anonymous said...

YUM...we use to visit an Italian restaurant in PA that served this on top of flat bread for an appetizer. (We would eat so much of it that an entree was not desirable.)
Can't wait until our artichokes are ready!