It has been months since we have shared our Family Jots and Tittles on the site, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of it. That is a weekly report of things Yah is doing in and with our family. Since last Shabbat here are some fast bullet points. Next week, I hope to journal as we go along...it it more interesting that way. :-)
- This week we put up 120 Quarts of different varieties of apples sauce.
- Returned a dog and some chickens of friends whom we were "animal sitting" for a week while they were out of town.
- Said our goodbyes to dear friends who have been staying here for a couple months.
- Started (trying) to make Thanksgiving plans with family from afar (it has been so long since we have seen one another). Also better connecting with other family.
- Got a big cheese order in.
- Got a big produce order in (YUM!)
- Discussing garden changes for next year. (It seems like such an uphill climb at this point!
- Visited with friends on their homestead and got a fabulous tour (she sent a big bag of pimentos home with me...I hope to can them on Sunday.
- Met with some other friends to help them connect with our Amish neighbor to build a cabin.
- Moved back into our bedroom after company left and shifted things around in the house for the next season.
- Grandpa fell and had to have surgery. Praying for a strong recovery for him.
- Found some eggs in our hay bales from a chicken who was getting out.
- Monitored a barn cat who had a dislocated hip/leg. She is doing much better.
- Monitored a sheep who got his ear partially bit off by a dog. (He too is healing well.)
- Chose and changed math curriculum/method for the smaller children to Math-U-See
- Spent more time in worship together.
- Received a VERY encouraging testimony from friends that are new to understanding The Feasts of Yah - about how they were touched by their time in The Body this last Sukkot and how it is making a profound impact on their family's walk as believers. **Absolutely a highlight to the week!!**
- Pregnancy - update. Some old Ptyalism symptoms are surfacing - but cramps are lessening greatly. Having some rough portions on some days, but over felling well.
- Praying and sharing with dear friends on Messianic Keepers at Home Forum
- Ben was offered a job by a former boss who has switched companies. It is nice to know there are options out there for him in this economy, and even sine he has slowed down his production so that he an do more on the farm. It is also nice to know that he has the luxury to choose. Changing companies would have pros and cons so he respectfully declined, however the door was left open.
- Chazaq's burn from falling into the fire at Sukkot is healing very nicely.
- Ben and Gideon ALMOST finished priming the shed. :-)
- We have started reading a new Lamplighter book together (The Giant Killer). Hailey (13)just finished reading Stepping Heavenward and LOVED it. Naomi (7)has discovered a treasured family favorite for herself on our bookshelves, that we have read aloud and read individually time and time again, called Uncle Arthurs Bedtime Stories (I highly recommend them!) Elijah (11) is almost finished with Storey's Guide to Raising Turkey's, as he is preparing and excited to raise a flock of turkeys starting next spring. Gideon (5) is clearly ready for more intense instruction in the 4 r's, so I am increasing that with him now. He enjoys math, and reading flash cards, and trying to figure out his writing (without me!)...so there is no more putting that off. :-) I like to wait until they are practically begging me to learn..that is a great way to start academic subjects! Some take longer than others, but when they are ready - it is so much easier than doing it based on an age or social "requirement".
- Papa has been enjoying (and sharing with us) the Tony Robinson's PDF - Understanding the Parashat HaShavuah as well as enjoying (and sharing) Jono's Torah Pearls with Nehemia Gordon and Kieth Johnson on Truth 2 U Radio. We also enjoyed more teachings from 119 Ministries this week.
- Working on memorising Psalm 119 as a family.
Ok that is all I can think of for this week's highlights. I pray you are blessed and walk joyfully with our Creator.
pamela+ (and the Tribe of Ben)