Here is another link to a study on GMO foods and their effects. But this is just s very small picture.
I have been passionate about the food we eat for over 20 years. However, I have not shared many resources here on the blog. I hope to do more of that, because I have been watching the food system slip into crisis for years and years. It is a slippery slope to disease, death and pore quality of life that is ONLY there for 2 reasons:
1. Because of greed on the parts of those who are implementing it.
2. Because of the ignorance or complacency on the part of those who are consuming it.
If we are not taking specific and diligent steps against this - we are acting in one of the two roles that contribute to it.
It is very sad that even this most simplistic of things such as food has become so corrupt - but the truth of the matter is that it HAS! Everyone needs to take heed to this. A message to women and mothers - While some husbands/fathers may contribute to this - YOU are the most responsible for what gets served at your table and sent in your lunchboxes. You are responsible for setting the example and the standard. Please educate yourself on what you are putting into your children's mouths. The allergies, food in-tolerances, hormone imbalances, birth defects, autism, miscarriages, immune disorders, and many many many related diseases we are seeing are no co-incidence. They are the result of changes in our world that have happened rapidly..we are poisoning ourselves. IF we WAKE UP and respond..it does not have to continue. We CAN make a difference! (Please - watch the video above!)
1. Get educated. You must know what the problem is - if you hope to fix it.
2. Learn to prepare and enjoy whole foods! Turn away from prepared packaged foods.
3. Buy local food from local farmers. Interview them, learn how they grow it. Support them and buy their food so that they will be able to support their families and you may eat well! This also builds sustainable communities in a myriad of ways!
4. Find (or START!) local co-ops to help bring good food to families at more reasonable prices that families can afford!
For foods that you still need to purchase from "stores". Here are some resources to help you find food that has NOT been Genetically Modified:
- True Food Shoppers Guide
- Non GMO Food Shopping Guide
- Non profit non-GMO certification project
- A great blog article (and a great blog) : http://nourishedkitchen.com/gmo-free-food/
Here are some links to some GMO and Real Food Watchdogs so that you may get and stay informed:
- Say NO to GMO
- GMO Compass
- Natural News
- Institute for Responsible Technology
- Weston A Price Foundation
This post has been shared at the Homestead Barn Hop