1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp mustard powder
2T apple cider vinegar
1C grapeseed oil, divided
- Put 1/4 oil of the in a blender and add remaining ingredients; Blend on a med speed ( 5 or 6 on my Vitamix)
- Drizzle remaining oil in the center, slowly, until it achieves the desired thickness you desire. ( I like a thick mayo like store bought and you can get that!)
* This recipe makes 1 1/4 C of mayo. Do not try to double the recipe - I have and it never works. However, we always make a quart jar at a time for our regular batch. So we just repeat this recipe 3 times to make 3 3/4C of mayo. (Just under a quart.)
* I have tried Olive Oil it does not sit up nicely for me for some reason . We did not like the flavor either (and I love OO normally but it had too much flavor for mayo in my opinion)! I also tried Sunflower oil, it sat up fine, but tasted awful. Grapeseed is our favorite, but a mild safflower is good too.
* It keeps VERY well in the fridge - similar to store-bought. I have never had it go bad. Everything in it is shelf stable except the egg - and fresh eggs can keep in the fridge for 3 months by themselves. So I am going to presume that it would have a minimum fridge shelf life of 3 months.
** To lacto ferment your mayo,simply mix in 2T raw whey or other starter and let sit on the counter in a jar with a tight lid for 3 -7 hours, then refrigerate.