Here is a list of some of my favorites:
1. American Whole Foods Cuisine, Goldbeck
2. Rodale's Basic Natural Foods Cookbook
3. The Good Breakfast Book, Goldbeck
4. Bread For Life, Beth Holland (Vol 1,2,3)(These books expects that you are grinding grain and dehydrating food.)
5. Whole Foods for the Whole Family, LeLeche League
6. Sue Gregg's Series of Cookbooks (Her way of writing recipes, took me a little while to get used too, but she has a lot of good things in her books...so I did.) :-)
7. Gourmet Health Recipes, Bragg (eating raw!)
8. Nourishing Traditions, Sally Fallon (Not all Biblical diet, but still many good things to learn.)
9. Joy of Snacks, Nancy Cooper (Healthy snacks!)
10.Smart Cookies, Jane Kinderlehrer (Healthy cookies!)
11. Country Beans, Bingham (A priceless resource for everything beans, what a healthful and in expensive way to eat!)
12. Joy of Cooking -NOT REVISED (The old versions, no later than the 70's - things were revised to ta disadvantage to more "modern ways". It uses sugar for the sweets, but has so much to offer otherwise.)
13. Sproutman's Kitchen Cookbook, Meyerowitz (I don't subscribe to all that is in his book, but the man knows sprouting!!)
14. Preserve it Naturally, Excalibur (An Awesome dehydrating resource, I am just starting experiment with it, but thought it was worth a mention!)
15. The Herbal Companion, Webb (A wonderful easy to read guide about growing and using herbs!)
16. What the Bible Says About Healthy Living, Russel
These are WONDERFUL Whole foods cookbooks, that use whole grains, and honey as the primary sweetener (along with other natural sweeteners too). Unlike some "health food books" this food is tasty and not too "weird" to introduce to the family. It takes a lot of food you are familiar with and shoes you a better way to make it. The first seven books listed are wonderful foundational cookbooks for eating the whole foods way. (The kind that should be at every bridal shower!) They cover a variety of methods and tips on becoming great cooks. They are wonderful for those who are learning "from scratch" without the tutelage of other women "in the know". These books are more than just recipes, they are a "great read"! The last 9 books, are more "specialty books" for those topics that you may be interested in.
We strongly support eating home raised raw dairy from trusted local farmers who are organic, grass feeding and naturally treating their stock, as well as producing or purchasing as much of your food as you can locally from people whom you know and trust their methods.
Welcome to Home Shalom!
Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!