Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 1/2C Oat Flour *
1C Spelt Flour (wheat or barley is good too)
1/2 C Water
*To make Oat flour simply put the same amount of oats in a blender and grind.
- Mix flours in a medium size bowl.
- Mix oil and honey together in a large measuring cup.
- Add wet to flour bowl and sort of smash down with the back of your spoon to miz together. When it is all encorperated, it will be king of moist and crumbly.
- Add water and mix until smooth. It will be a thick pasty consistancy.
- Split the dough in two and roll out each ball onto a oiled cookie sheet as thin as you can get it. (I roll it together into one thin rectangle on an extra large sheet.)
- Cut shapes with a pizza wheel into a checkerboard.
- Sprinkle tops with flavor of choice. Examples : Sea salt or cinnamon/sugar. Be creative. They are bland without a topping.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
* You can sub sweeteners :
- for sweet crackers try maple syrup
- for savory crackers try agave or barley malt or rice syrup