6C of Whole Almonds (raw)
1/2 C Tamari (Soy Sauce), or Braggs Liquid Aminos*
1/2 tsp Sugar (of choice, I use maple), or honey
- Put oven rack in the upper two-thirds of your oven and prehet it to 300 degrees
- Spread almonds out on two baking sheets in a single layer
- Toast for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile - mix tamari and sugar in a large bowl
- Add hot almonds into tamari and mix to coat evenly - every so often, letting marinate for 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to put almonds back on the baking sheets in a single layer. (Discarding or saving tamari to use for dinner that night!)
- Bake again for 25 minutes; switching trays and stirring the pans once half way through the process.
- The outsides will turn dark brown and the insides will turn golden.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container. (I love to use 1/2 gallon Mason Jars)
These make great snacks on game night, great toppings for salads, a nice filler on a buffet table or tasty homemade gifts.
* If this mix ends up being a little salty for you try using 1/3C Tamari plus 3T water. They won't be as salty. If your almonds are already salted, this might be something to consider.