4 C Flour (I use wheat pastry flour)
1/2 pound cold butter (2 sticks)
4 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1C sugar (I use a scant cup of fructose)
2 tsp vanilla
Goodies - Jam, peanut butter, chocolate chips, fig, whatever sounds yummy!
- Mix dry ingrediants together in a bowl-Cut in butter (using a pastry cutter or a big fork or a two butter knives) until it is evenly encorperated into the texture of a course meal.
- Add Eggs & Vanilla-Mix dough to form a ball (add flour if too sticky to handle)
- (You may refrigerate, if sealed well to use later or...) Preheat oven 375 F
- Roll out dough on a floured counter (about a 1/4 inch)
- Cut into circles (using a biscuit cutter or a glass or a reg. mason jar ring)
- Pinch three corners to form a triangle that looks like a three pointed hat, leaving a sot in the center for goodies.
- Drop a dollop of goodies in the center of each hat (1/4-1/2 tsp preserves, choc chips, peanut butter, etc)
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp (very light golden)