This is one of our family favorites. Its a great breading for "chicken fingers". I have made large batches of these and frozen them for quick "freezer to stove" meals.
6-8 chicken pieces of choice
1/2C shredded coconut
3/4C finely crushed crackers*
1 - 1 1/2 tsp dr. lemon peel or 1T grated fresh
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried ginger or abou 1T grated fresh
- In a shallow dish (like a pie plate or brownie pan) mix together the next 5 ingrediants.
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the egg, than dip into crumbs to coat well. (I like to keep seperate hands for each dish...it keeps my hands form getting breaded!
- Turn the oven on 375 F and put the butter in a shallow 9x13 pan in the oven to melt it and heat the pan.
- Arrange each piece of chicken on top of the melted butter in the 9x13 pan, in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes, turn over and bake 30 minutes more.