Even though we make this by the half gallons and soon will making them by the gallon size jars this recipe will be given for a quart size jar:
- Cut the carrot into quarters (like you would for dip). I like to peel mine. You could also use baby carrots for this! Fill the jar leaving 1" head space.
- Add 1T EACH: sea salt, dried dill, whey (I use kefir whey)
- Add 4 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Fill with water to cover the carrots. Put a lid on and give it a shake to dissolve the salt.
- Let it sit on the counter 4-7 days depending on how warm it is and how tangy you like it. Regenerate or cool store.
These carrots will keep at least 6 months in cool storage.