Welcome to Home Shalom!

Welcome to Home Shalom and Shalom Farm. We pray your visit here be blessed. We are learning to walk in the Ways (Torah) of our Father YHWH and follow Y'shua, His Messiah until He returns to "set things straight". We call it a "Messi-Life". Our walk is neither tidy nor perfect, but it is filled with passion, devotion and desire to serve our King. We are learning to be humble servants, and to be good stewards of the things that He has entrusted to us: His Word, our marriage, our children, our family, our community, our health, and our farm. Hitch your horse and stay a while--our door is always open!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

You Know You're a Homesteader When...............


You know your a homesteader when....you walk into a store (on a warm bright sunny day) with all six children and it is only then, that you notice that they all have rubber boots on (Including the girl's in dresses!) and you are are wearing New Balance sneakers and an apron with your long jean skirt ... and you don't care.  :-)


When did YOU "know you were a homesteader when...."  ???  I would love to hear your comments!





This post was shared at Homestead Barn Hop

9 comments:

MommySetFree said...

My dear girlfriend Janelle responded to my post with this email - which I thought was GREAT...so I wanted to share it here.


In our case, you know you are a homesteader when it's your wedding anniversary and you and your husband put the children to bed and go trim goat hooves by lantern light!!!

I LOVE IT!

Andi said...

Great! I totally have a visual image Pamela... recently - in our case - how many ways can you use free pallets... so many dreams and it's free, homesteading and free go hand in hand you know ;0) even urban homesteading!

Andi said...

Love this! Did my response go through????

Moira said...

This is so cute!!!!
Shalom,Moira

MommySetFree said...

Yep. I got it. :-) Sorry for the tardy response. I have been in KY - at a wedding. I was offline for a few days. :-)

hebrewmama said...

Yep! Same thing happened with me, Pamela. Went to the store with all 6 children, the boys had on work bibs, barn boots, and the girls in our skirts with rubber shoes and Eliana was barefoot.
We laughed and went on.....we got a lot of smiles that day.

Layah Pontiff said...

we went to the feed store with our kids, to have them pointing at the chicks saying how yummy that one looks. lol. Their healthy knowledge of where their food comes from makes the "old man committee " at the feed store laugh. ...Layah Pontiff

Mona said...

Last week I went to town and realized only after I returned home (when my hubby pointed it out) that the skirt I was wearing had bird poop splattered all over the back of it. I really need to move my clothes line away from the electrical lines that run right above it :-) Oh well...

MommySetFree said...

Big Smile!!!